Since Education comes under the concurrent list of the Indian Constitution, each State has their own Education Board along with the offerings of the nationalised boards (CBSE, ICSE). There is also a presence of Interntional Boards in every state.
In the state of Gujarat, in addition to the abovementioned CBSE boards, the Department of Education Office allows schools to function with an NOC for the following systems of education:
- GSEB (Gujarat Secondary Education Board also referred to as Gujarat Board), available with both English and Gujarati mediums of instruction. www.gseb.org
- ICSE (Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations), available with English medium. www.cisce.org
- International Boards (available with English medium only)
- IGCSE (for Grade 10 - International General Certificate of Secondary Examination) www.cie.org.uk
- IB (for Grade 12 - International Baccalaureate) www.ibo.org
Students returning to India from abroad can easily switch over to any of the Boards available in India. Since the academic year of the schools overseas do not generally coincide with the Indian Academic Calendar, NRI students seeking admission to schools with Indian Boards may be required to join in mid-term, subject to availability of seats for the desired grade in the desired school.
The requirements for admission for any Board in India would include the following:
- Passport sized Photograph of the student
- Attested copy of the Birth Certificate
- Original copy of the School Leaving Certificate (or its equivalent) from the school last attended (duly stamped and signed by the School Authority AND the Education Authority governing the school last attended), stating the following student particulars:
- The unique admission number in the school,
- Full name of the child,
- Full name of the father/guardian, as well as for the mother/co-guardian,
- Date and Place of Birth
- Religion, Caste (if applicable)
- Date of joining the school last attended with starting grade
- Conduct and Behaviour
- Reason for leaving
- Assessment status (currently studying in which grade OR passed and promoted to which grade)
There are many schools bearing a name similar and close to the term - St Kabir, in Gujarat and elsewhere in India. However, St. Kabir Indian International School is an independent entity and bears NO connection / affiliation / link / transfer whatsoever with any school bearing the same or similar name (except St. Kabir School GB in Vadodara, which is run under the same Trust).
The CBSE board is reputed and accepted in India and overseas. Students passing through the portals of St. Kabir Indian International School will be well-equipped and eligible to seek admission / appear for any entrance exam for undergraduate studies anywhere in the world, subject to their attaining the minimum requirements for marks cut-off, percentage/percentile and other aspects as detailed by the governing authority of the entrance exam and / or Admissions authority of the college/university to which admission is being sought.